Saturday 7 June 2014

On the path to being a good Christian

As a Christian, we've been repeatedly and sometimes forcefully taught that in order to be in a relationship, both persons must be equally yolked or even in faith and beliefs. I understand that concept and it is such a true statement but now i'm using my knowledge to explore a whole different take of the statement.

I have this really good friend of mine, he is not a Christian and he does not really engage in spiritual activities but i encourage him from time to time. I can't shove the word down his throat so i consider it to be a gradual process which will eventually change his life. Although he is not a Christian, he is a very kind hearted, open , honest wonderful person who has that special heart. I can't picture him getting hurt because then i feel sad too.

Not every Christian marriage is perfect where the couple find each other through church and grow together. Some relationships are fixed in a way where one person needs to help the other reach up to his/her level and higher. Somehow i feel like God is speaking to me and gave me my friend and our closeness as a project to test my patience and knowledge. I am currently being there for my friend and keeping a clear mind as much as i can. I don't judge his decisions and i certainly do not judge his outcome. I have so much confidence in him and i believe that he is going to be someone great that will impact people just like him.

Senior Christians will tell us and encourage us to hang out with the right company. To turn away our bad influential friends. But i say yes and no to their message. YES, you cannot be around people who you know will harm your spiritual well being but NO you cannot abandon the ones who really need your help. Some one person can look at you and say "I want to be like him or her" and they're just looking into your eyes to see if you'll leave them alone or hold their hand. I'm not going to be baised and small minded. I'm thinking outside the box. The bible gave us the knowledge, but it is all about our interpretation and application to the Christian values in our lives that could change ourselves and the people around us.


No comments:

Post a Comment