Wednesday 29 May 2013

What You Don't See Coming

There are those times where you feel like you're moving ahead and taking new steps when all of a sudden, someone or something from the past pops up. 

The person was there, but you had already shut them out for good reasons and they decide to try to be your friend again. I do not understand why these things happen but they are all stages in life and we have to cope with them and decide whether we want to keep a person in our lives or send them away forever. 

It hits you like culture shock. Sometimes these people or things that come back bring along feelings and you want to try your best to forget about what happened but you just can't ignore the elephant in the room. I don't believe we should hold grudges... we should forgive and be open to the past resurfacing. 

We don't have to accept these people who come back, but we could listen to what they have to say. I believe that once a ship have sailed, there is no turning back. However, if it is righteous in the eyes of God, something might come out of it. 

As a person who is experiencing this now, I do not wish to turn back the hands of time and revisit that area I once was in. I hate to crush dreams but I can't do things to please that person. I need to work on myself and what the Lord wants for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment