Sunday 22 March 2015

Lunch Date - Fantasy #1

He walked up behind me as I was packing the shelf and whispered without drawing attention. "Come with me," he said. I followed. I trusted him.

He opened the door to the stairway and shut it when I walked in. His voice was soft... If he talked louder it would echo against the walls and the supervisor would hear us.
"I've thought about something," his lips were delicate in forming every word.
"What is it?", I was just about to let my mind stray and take control.
"I have a friend... She is really nice. I think I like her."
"A  potential wife?", I knew he understood what I was talking about.
"Well, it's more complicated than that."

At this point in time, I didn't know what to think. He held my hand and invited me for lunch at his place the next day.

After anticipating what to wear, I put on a plain black t-shirt with a skinny jeans and went to his place. He answered the door with a smile on his face, giggling at the message I sent him when I was outside. He invited me in and told me to sit on the sofa. I sat and my eyes followed where he went. He pulled a dish out of the oven and placed it on the counter. He cut the pie and put two pieces on two plates and walked towards me.

"I hope you enjoy it. I made it from scratch - Jamaican style pie," his eyes glistened with the mild indoor light that hung above his head.
I tasted it. It was delicious. He really knew how to cook and wasn't just bragging about his homestyle dishes. I applauded him and his face lit up. After eating I demanded to help with the dishes, which I did. We then sat on the sofa together.

I asked him about the girl he spoke of the day before but he didn't say much. He just told me that in time to come i'll find out who it is. I agreed. I looked at him and turned away and he came closer to me. Our eyes met and he said, "It's you. I dreamt you. I can't stop dreaming you. Ever since I met you... I am who I am and i'm not going to change. But you make me want to."
I was surprised. "Me? But wh-".
It was all I got to say because he reached for my face and kissed me. I felt a bolt of electricity run through my entire body. I breathed heavily. His eyes never left my face. I could tell there and then that everything he said, he meant it.

Everything else went back to normal the next day at work. I thought about him even more and the rest was left undecided..............

No comments:

Post a Comment